45 minutes2 Cups
Let’s face it, chicken salad is forever. It is easy to make and even easier to eat the entire bowl! This yummy light and fresh version is as versatile as the serving bowl you’ll present it in! A little zing and a whole lot’ of yum.
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
½ teaspoon coarse sea salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ cup sliced almonds
½ lemon, zest freshly grated and juiced
4 green onions, sliced
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
¾ cup plain greek yogurt
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Cover the chicken with lemon pepper and salt.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Place the chicken in the skillet and sear on both sides until golden, about 2-3 minutes per side.
4. Cover the skillet and place it in the oven, roasting for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
5. Remove and let the chicken rest for 10 minutes, then slice it into chunks.
If you would like shredded chicken salad, shred the chicken at this point. If not, leave it as cubes.
6. While the chicken is roasting, add the almonds to a non-stick skillet. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until the almonds toast and get golden brown and fragrant. They can burn in a second so keep an eye on them. This takes around 5 minutes.
7. Remove the almonds and let them cool. You can crush a few up with your hands if desired.
8. Place the chicken, almonds, lemon zest and juice, green onions and parsley in a bowl. Stir to combine.
9. Fold in the yogurt and mayo, stirring until the entire bowl of chicken is moistened.
Taste and add seasoning if desired. Serve with crackers, on bread, in a wrap or on a salad!