50 minutes4-6 Servings
Oven-roasted brussel sprouts have mild, slightly nutty flavor and a good balance of tender interior and crisp exterior. They’re so yummy it makes you wonder how they got such a bad wrap. They can be even more delicious when you introduce browned butter to the equation… Who doesn’t love butter?
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound raw brussels sprouts, stems cut off and cut in half
sliced 2 garlic cloves, minced
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
½ cup pumpkin seeds
1. Heat a small skillet over low heat and add pumpkin seeds.
2. Toast for 4-5 minutes, gently stirring and shaking the pan every 30-60 seconds so that they don’t burn.
3. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil.
5. Add shallots and garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
6. Add in brussels sprouts, salt and pepper, and cook for 8-10 minutes, tossing every so often until browned.
7. While brussels are cooking, heat a small saucepan over medium heat and add butter.
8. Whisk fairly continuously until butter begins to turn golden and brown flecks begin to appear.Remove from heat immediately.
9. Remove brussels from heat and toss in pumpkin seeds.
10. Drizzle with brown butter and serve.